Day Nursery & Preschool
59 High Street
Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
Our nursery is situated on the High Street of Kelvedon, close to local shops and houses with many of our parents commuting into London, Colchester and Chelmsford.
Nearby Kelvedon Train Station which is just a 10-minute walk to the nursery.
Free parking is available on the front street of the nursery.
We believe that it is the little things that make a child and their family feel happy at Brimpton House and we use the Key Person Approach so each child has a special person to build a strong relationship with, thereby meeting the individual needs of each child.
We encourage our parents to share information freely and to have an active role in the things their child does at nursery. Children thrive through consistency and a caring approach and we understand that no two children are the same. We work with our children to develop respect and understanding for other people spending time learning about different cultures and religions.
We use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum as a basis for everything we do at nursery. We try to provide a broad range of activities that use both the indoor and outdoor classroom and ensure that activities are varied in accordance with the child’s individual needs. We have a large garden with an all weather surface which our children use daily.
The children’s safety and welfare is paramount and our team is vigilant at all times for our children’s safety. We ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for every child and we work in accordance with the welfare requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Brimpton House Day Nursery & Preschool
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
Hi, I’m Kelly the manager at Brimpton House Nursery.
I have been working in Early Years for over two decades after gaining my Level 3 qualification at college, Working my way up from a Part-time Practitioner to Manager. Along the way, I have gained a Level 4 qualification in children’s care, learning & development, as well as a Level 5 in Early Years senior practitioner. I have also gained a Level 3 in Management and Level 3 SENco qualification.
I am passionate about ensuring children get the best start in life to help them continue through their school years and beyond.
I strive to provide an environment where children feel at home, happy and keen to explore new experiences.
I am a very hands on manager and ensure that I spend quality time getting to know each individual child. I believe it is important to spend time in the rooms, mentoring staff and creating exciting play opportunities for the children.
Parent partnership is very important to me as I know that working together as one is a great way to support the children to develop and become confident, independent individuals who grow to develop a love of learning.
Hi my name is Amy, I am the deputy manager of Brimpton House Nursery.
I have a passion for providing outstanding care and learning opportunities for all children. I strive to create an environment that is inspiring, nurturing, and safe and I take pride in seeing the children develop curiosity and a love for learning as they embark in their early years journey.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.